I have a pillowcase that Lilo the cat decided would make a tasty treat back before she started her medication. She chewed the edging in two places.
Instead of throwing it away or tossing it in the scrap heap, I decided to fix it.
I used a seam ripper to remove the old binding. Then I ironed the fabric and pressed a new seam. The fabric was a little darker under the removed fabric, since it hadn’t been exposed to the light in a few years. That made a dark band around the edge that looked a little weird, so I used a decorative embroidery stitch programmed into my Pfaff (rather then a straight stitch or blind hem stitch) to obscure the dark/light boundary.